- 1 store-bought roasted chicken (or use 1-2 lg. cans of canned chicken,depending on how much chicken you want in your recipe)
- 1 cup diced onions *I add dried minced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot *I use frozen carrots from a bag or you can use canned carrots. If using the canned, add towards the end.
- 4 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth *more or less, depending on how much broth you want and how much room you have in your crockpot.
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (with roasted garlic, if your store carrries this...if not, the regular kind is just fine!)
- A dash of parsley (if you have some on hand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat from the bone, or use canned chicken. Put the chicken into a slow cooker along with the onion and carrots. Stir in broth, mushroom soup, and parsley (optional) and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours. **May take less time, depending on your crockpot and if you use canned carrots.**
When soup is finished, stir in egg noodles. Adjust seasonings and serve.
What good soup recipes do all of you use? Share them if you'd like!! :)Stay Warm!