By now, my poor readers in the Northern Part of Illinois (Helen, Sonya Ann, and who else?) and beyond are in the midst of Mother Nature's First Winter Tantrum. When "she" decides to throw a fit, boy, she throws a good one!
I think that we all need a bowl of nice, hot soup to warm us up and make us forget how yucky it is outside. But, with everyone so busy nowadays, homemade is almost a thing of the past! But, I am going to share a very easy, almost-homemade-recipe that can go from crockpot to tabletop in less time than you thought possible.
CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 1 store-bought roasted chicken (or use 1-2 lg. cans of canned chicken,depending on how much chicken you want in your recipe)
- 1 cup diced onions *I add dried minced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot *I use frozen carrots from a bag or you can use canned carrots. If using the canned, add towards the end.
- 4 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth *more or less, depending on how much broth you want and how much room you have in your crockpot.
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (with roasted garlic, if your store carrries this...if not, the regular kind is just fine!)
- A dash of parsley (if you have some on hand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat from the bone, or use canned chicken. Put the chicken into a slow cooker along with the onion and carrots. Stir in broth, mushroom soup, and parsley (optional) and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours. **May take less time, depending on your crockpot and if you use canned carrots.**
When soup is finished, stir in egg noodles. Adjust seasonings and serve.
What good soup recipes do all of you use? Share them if you'd like!! :)Stay Warm!
Oh THAT sounds good! I don't think we have all the ingredients for that in the house today, but I know we do have chili fixings. My entire family is stuck indoors today. 12" of snow, wind and counting... Too bad I telecommute...ReplyDelete
I'll make my snowbound hubby make some chili for lunch. Thanks for the thought!
Thanks for reminding me to make this soup. I have a cold for 4 days now and its killing me...ReplyDelete