Be sure to read the guest post by my bloggy friend, Kelsalynn, over at Kelsalynnfitlog. Her post can be found at my other blog: jamiealexmomma (My Money Mission)
Snow day here again today! That means that I have no where to go, no major obligations, and nothing pressing to do. It's like starting the weekend one day early! WOO-HOO!
That means that I'll have time to make that Cheeseburger Soup that my teen daughter has been asking for. Have you ever had it? Oh.My.Goodness!! It is sooooo goood.
A.Marie's Easy Cheeseburger Soup (from my Cousin Val)
1/2 pound hamburger meat
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped finely
1 tsp both basil and parsley
3-4 cups chicken broth (depending on how thin/thick you like it)
4 cups diced potatoes
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup milk
8 oz Velveeta cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 - 1/2 cup sour cream (to suit your taste)
1. Brown the hamburger and onion in your soup pot. Drain.
2. Add rest of vegetables, parsley, basil and broth.
3. Cook until potatoes are tender.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter.
5. Add flour; cook & stir until bubbly.
6. Stir in milk & heat until thickened. Add to soup.
7. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
8. Add cheese, salt & pepper. Cook & stir until cheese melts.
9. If using shredded cheese, add only a small amt. at a time, stirring well to ensure that it melts completely after each addition.
10. Stir in sour cream.
If you want to turn this cheeseburger soup recipe into a bacon cheeseburger soup recipe, then cook up some crispy bacon and sprinkle it into the soup just before serving. Super YUMMY!
ARE ALL OF YOU HAVING FUN?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? IF YOU CHILDREN HOME BECAUSE OF A SNOW DAY, HOW ARE YOU KEEPING THEM ENTERTAINED?!