Mrs. Field's Chocolate Caramel Brownies Recipe
16 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
3/4 cup Cocoa
4 Eggs, room temperature
1 3/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Pure Vanilla
1 1/4 cup Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Jarred Caramel Sauce
1 cup Milk Chocolate Bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil and butter it.
- In a ceramic or glass bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir in the cocoa and stir until smooth.
Beat the eggs with an electric mixer on high until frothy.
- Slowly beat in the sugar.
- Beat in the butter mixture and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Blend together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a glass bowl heat the caramel in a microwave checking every 30 seconds, until spreadable.
- Pour the caramel over the brownies and spread to cover. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and chill 1 hour or until set. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Above recipe is courtesy of yummy cookies made easy
Now, if I liked chocolate, these would sound really good! My chocolate-craving family is going to enjoy them, however, as I am going to make a double batch. I plan to use some of the left-over caramel sauce on ice cream for myself. I just LOVE caramel ANYTHING!! :)