Too often we get caught up in the rat race of "wants" and we don't focus on all that we have. So, I am going to list some of my things I am thankful for:
- My Father in Heaven who knows me and still loves me!
- Jesus who is my Everything!!
- My husband who goes to work everyday to provide for us
- My children who are amazing :)
- Hot coffee in the morning
- Warm and cozy bed at night
- A vehicle that gets me where I need to go
- Money in the checking account to buy the groceries that I need for this week
- More money in the checking account to buy groceries (My teen son can EAT!)
- Did I mention money in the checking account?? lol
Anyway, that is my list....A partial list, to be sure...there are so many other things that I am thankful and grateful for. I looked up "how to cultivate a thankful heart" and I found this awesome site at just between us. The title is, "Lessons in Being Thankful - Twelve ways to cultivate a thankful heart," and I found it to be a worthwhile article to read. I really liked this paragraph:
"Give your attention to those whose lives make your particular blessings stand out by comparison. Have you been grumbling that you can’t afford a new couch for the living room? Go serve in a soup kitchen for the homeless. Have you found it hard to thank God for your boss? Talk a few minutes with the folks in the unemployment line. Do you complain about minor aches and pains? Pray for someone with a terminal illness. Your gratitude to God is sure to grow."